Sunday, May 29, 2011

Don’t want to be a bother to God


Mark 5:24-34
And a great crowd followed him and thronged about him. And there was a woman who had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. For she said, "If I touch even his garments, I will be made well." And immediately the flow of blood dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone out from him, immediately turned about in the crowd and said, "Who touched my garments? "And his disciples said to him, "You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, 'Who touched me?'" And he looked around to see who had done it. But the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him and told him the whole truth. And he said to her, "Daughter,) your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."

I can relate to this woman. She tried to fix her disease herself. I’m guilty of this. She checked WebMD. I’m guilty of this. She went to the best doctors. I’m guilty of this. She asked everyone but God for help. And in doing so she suffered a lot. I’m guilty of this. It wasn’t until she exhausted all her options that she turned to Jesus. Even being inches away from God she still didn’t want to bother Him and ask for help. It wasn’t until after she was healed that she felt guilty, confessed and humbled herself before God. I’m guilty of this. She was afraid that God would take back the healing but instead God was compassionate and she was free to “go in peace”, healed.

Many times we hold suffering tight and try to fix it ourselves instead of giving it to God and being okay with His will in our lives. Always know that God is never “bothered” by our prayers but, rather wants us to let Him know what we think our needs are so that He can show us what our real needs are and how we can “go in peace”, healed.

1 comment:

  1. HLC KP,

    I'm guilty of this too! Injury after injury, I try to push through my timing for the healing process instead of God's natural body healing process. Only to make it all take longer. While I continue to pray for healing, I also need to be praying for patience and God's timing in the healing process, not mine.

    Thanks for the blog!

    HLC DB

    ReplyDelete